Avoid the FOG this Thanksgiving
Keep the FOG (fats, oils, and grease) out of your drains this thanksgiving! When it comes to plumbing disasters, this holiday is the biggest culprit. With family over and thanksgiving dinner being prepared you want to make sure you don’t overload your drains. An unexpected expense can put a damper on any holiday.
Here are a few simple steps to keep FOG from taking over your drains:
- Never drop grease down your drain. Congealed turkey and other grease can harden into a consistency like candle wax or clay.
- Clean up oil and grease with paper towels and discard them. Or pour off the grease into a container (a coffee can or milk carton will do) let it congeal and discard the container in the trash just like grandma used to do.
- Don’t send a sludge of semi-solid materials down your garbage disposal and into your pipes either.
- Keep stringy pumpkin pulp out of the pipes too; it can harden into a mass of muck.
- Use plenty of water when using the disposal, and let it run for 20 or 30 seconds or longer, until it is clear.
- TAKE care of plumbing problems before the holidays!
If you are experiencing any of the following problems, make sure to contact a licensed plumber.
- Slow water drainage
- Gurgling sounds or bubbling
- A bad odor coming from your drain
Call IFS Residential TODAY for your Emergency Plumbing Service! 636-680-2100