Spring is in the air! In St. Louis that means two things; Cardinals Baseball is almost here, and it’s time to get your home air conditioner ready for summer. Your system has been sitting idle for 6 months, but it won’t be long until you are relying on it around the clock. Checking your air conditioner early can help you discover any problems that it may have, and it’s much better to find them in the spring, than on that first hot day of summer.
Here is a quick list of things to check:
- Check your filter, and if it is dirty, replace it. It is always a good idea to check your filter before every new season.
- Check your condenser outside for grass, sticks, or leaves. You can use a vacuum to remove any clippings that may have collected deep inside the fins around the unit.
- Check the area around your condenser . Grass and weeds should be trimmed back at least two feet away from the equipment.
- Check the drainage hole at the bottom of the unit inside the house, or the hose that is attached to it. If it is clogged or obstructed, use a piece of wire to clear the blockage.
- Check your thermostat settings. If your thermostat is programmable, it may be time to revisit your schedules and set points in preparation for the season change.
If you are not comfortable with performing any of these, we recommend calling a licensed contractor. IFS Residential offers an extensive Seasonal Clean and Check for only $109.95
To schedule your Seasonal Clean and Check, call 636-680-2100 today!